Indoor crops budding too soon?

My indoor crops have been growing really well thus far (in normal Tetra Paks with the tops chopped off and drainage holes in the bottom).  

An issue (at least I think it's an issue) I seem to be having is that some of the tomatoes and the cucumbers are starting to bud, whilst the crops are still quite small.  I'm still fairly new to this and this maybe what is supposed to happen I'm just not too sure.  Originally I thought that it might be because the house was getting too warm, but I seem to remember that last year my cucumbers had grown quite a bit taller before they had started to bud and they were in the potting shed which during the summer months (I planted them much later last year) would have been much warmer than in the house which rarely exceeds 18C in the evening and during the day the heating is off completely.  




My concern is if they're budding too early then this will effect their overall growth as they will put more energy in to flowering than growing...or is this not the case?  If anyone has any advice then I'd really appreciate your feedback.














Comments

  1. Those are very nice and healthy looking plants you have. I dont think its to soon. I rather think its an issue when the stem gets too long before budding, then you have to have a very high greenhouse to harvest the most of a plant ;o)
    Just leave it to blossom!
    Have a nice harwest :o)
    Vibeke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, thanks for the info :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All year round lettuice

Raised Beds, Marrow Rum and Cold Frames

Supermarket Chillis