Follow up on Newspaper Seed Pots

In this previous post I was looking at newspaper seed pots and sewing some seeds in them which seems to have on the whole worked to varying degrees of success. The Chard, Cabbage and Brussels Sprouts seem to have come up ok ... however I've had less luck with the Sweet Pepper (Spanish Mixed) the pots don't seem to offer much in the way of drainage which I think has been the downfall of the Lettuce and the germination of the Peppers.  Reading around a few people have said that the ink used in the newspaper printing can have a damaging effect of the plant too.

It was a nice experiment and I might do it again sometime later in the year when they can dry out better but for now I think I'm going to stick the old tetra paks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All year round lettuice

Raised Beds, Marrow Rum and Cold Frames

Supermarket Chillis