Newspaper Seed Pots

Unfortunately today I ran out of gardening supplies but had seen a tutorial on the internet about how to make "seed pots" out of newspaper...I was and still am to a certain extent quite skeptical but decided to give it ago as I had ran out of room in the propagator and had no more cups from work.

Following these instructions I made three seed pots to start off my Sweet Peppers in (Spanish Mixed) in, although I halved the size of the paper as the pots that the instructions created were about 4 times bigger which my windowsill just didn't have the room for.

I'm a little concerned that at some point the base is just going to fall out, but time will tell.  It looks like many people literally plant the pot outside and let the news paper degrade in the soil, we shall see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All year round lettuice

Raised Beds, Marrow Rum and Cold Frames

Indoor crops budding too soon?