Never need to buy Spring Onions again...almost

Again another evening trawling the internet looking at growing vegetables led me to discover that you can re-grow those spring onions that you used in your stir fry last night.  I'm assuming that they might not grow as well as the ones in the garden, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this experiment pans out.

Considering it started with little to no hope I'm quite impressed with the weeks worth of growth. The spring onions I used had been in the fridge for at least 3 weeks and were looking fairly dead, all the roots on the base were brown.  I placed them in a plastic cup of water and then on with window ledge in the kitchen which faces north so doesn't get a great deal of sunlight.  A week later and below is the result (the onions were originally chopped where the white ends, all of the green is new growth).  I change the water every few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All year round lettuice

Raised Beds, Marrow Rum and Cold Frames

Supermarket Chillis